Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.
Detection and Diagnosis
- Early diagnosis can be made by the ophthalmologist in the course of periodic eye examination.
- In our center every patient over 40 years of age is subjected to non contact tonometry to measure the eye pressure.
- A fundus examination is done to examine the back of your eye to see if your optic nerve is healthy and no damage is occurring.
- An automated visual field test is done to see for the shrinkage of the side vision or blind spots. We have a Humphrey Visual Field Analyzer Which is very sensitive to early field changes in glaucoma.
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)
Retinal Nerve Fibre Layer Analysis (RNFL) with a OCT helps to detect glaucoma damage at a much earlier stage.
Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)
- Mirchia centre we are equipped with one of the latest to verier OPTOVUE OCT
- It reveals the layers of the retina in a high-resolution, cross-sectional view, giving the practitioner far more information than topographic technologies.
- OCT has opened new vistas in precise early diagnosis and treatment of Glaucoma.
- Retinal Nerve Fibre Layer Analysis, Macular thickness Analysis, Optic Nerve Head Analysis is done to detect Glaucoma damage at an earlier stage.
Loss of vision is largely preventable
- If you are over age of 40, you should have your eyes checked for glaucoma every 2 to 4 years.
- If you have a family history of glaucoma or are a diabetic or use minus (-) numbers, then every year a check up is a must.
- When diagnosed promptly, eye pressure can be brought under control and future glaucoma attacks can be prevented.
- As a rule damage caused by glaucoma cannot be reversed. So patients with any type of glaucoma need very periodic examination.
- Glaucoma is usually controlled with eye drops given in various combinations.
- To be effective, these medications must be taken regularly and continuously.
- Medication should never be stopped without consulting your doctor.
- Laser in Glaucoma
- In some cases, almost painless surgery without incision can be done with a laser beam.
- Argon Laser trabeculoplasty may be successful in patients with open angle glaucoma.
- In angle closure glaucoma a hole is made with the help of Laser (Irodotomy) to create an alternate drainage passage.
- If medications are poorly tolerated or not effective in controlling glaucoma, surgery may become necessary. An alternate drainage canal is made in the eye for the aqueous outflow (Filtration Surgery).
- You may still have to use medication for glaucoma after the surgery if the pressures are not within the target range.
Complications of Surgery
- Complications such as cataract or infection may occur.
- Fortunately, serious complications of modern glaucoma surgery are rare.
In most cases, recommended surgery is safer then permitting continuing loss of the optic nerve from glaucoma.
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.