Tips to get fast recovery after Lasik Surgery
LASIK is a blade-free way of getting rid of refractive errors which include Myopia, Hyperopia, and Astigmatism. Thanks to modern technology, the outpatient procedure, that’s 100% pain-free and stitchless, takes barely 10 minutes to say goodbye to your spectacles. At Mirchia Eye, the best LASIK eye hospital in Chandigarh, we use latest machines and world-class equipment to offer LASIK procedures. However, with evolving technology, LASIK is now considered to be the safest and predictable eye surgeries. Also, it offers instant results with the excellent visual outcome. So, if you are looking for the best LASIK eye hospital in Chandigarh or are keen to know more about LASIK technology, contact us.
What is Femto Lasik?
In the Femtosecond LASIK technique, your eye surgeon makes a precise incision using femtosecond laser instead of relying on a ‘microkeratome’, thus making the surgery more precise and safe. This provides the least discomfort to the patient and is 100% blade-free, painless and stitchless surgery which takes barely about a minute per eye.
Benefits of Femto LASIK Eye Surgery
- Quick freedom from glasses/contact lenses
- Sharp eyesight with 20/20 vision
- The surgery time is even less than 5 minutes for each e
- Painless and stitchless procedure
- Enhance the quality of life
- Restores self-confidence
- Opens a plethora of work choices like the air hostess, pilot, etc.
At Mirchia Eye, we offer the best LASIK eye surgery in Chandigarh through the latest and 100% blade-free Femto LASIK technology. Over the years we have garnered a global reputation for being the best LASIK eye hospital in Chandigarh
What to Expect After LASIK Surgery?
Though LASIK procedure shows instant results, it’s important that you adhere to precautions as recommended by your LASIK specialist. This will help you to have a better visual outcome and your eye will heal faster.
However, it’s important to understand that post LASIK procedure you may face minor problems such as :
- Feeling of discomfort, burning or itching in the eyes may be present during the early hours of the procedure, but that’s only temporary.
- Usually, patients do experience watery or teary eyes post LASIK procedure.
- You may experience hazy or blurry vision for a short duration.
- You may instinctively want to rub your eyes, but that could make things worse, so avoid touching your eyes soon after the procedure.
- Sensitivity to light, glare, or halos around lights is also common.
- Redness may appear in the white area of your eyes.
- Usually, 50% of patients experience dry eye sensation and it may persist for a couple of weeks.
Your vision may fluctuate during the first few months after the LASIK procedure.
But these are completely common phenomena and will disappear between a span of a few days to a few weeks, depending on how fast your eye is healing. However, if you experience severe pain, redness or discomfort, reach out to your ophthalmologist immediately.
LASIK eye surgery is an extremely safe procedure as it provides clearer vision and an improved quality of life. However, it’s important to adhere to certain precautions (as listed below) so as to reap maximum benefits.
- Use maximum Hygiene.
- Wear your eye shields for the first five t sex nights during your LASIK surgery recovery time.
- For the first week, you should avoid and stay away from dust, smoke, and garden work.
- Eye make-up should be totally avoided for a week or ten days.
- During this first week, it’s advisable to be extra cautious so that soap and water do not enter your eye.
- Avoid any trauma to your eyes.
- Avoid swimming, hot tubbing or any strenuous activity for a period of two weeks.
- Instill eye drops as prescribed by your doctor after washing your hands thoroughly. In case you spend extra hours working on computers, lubricate your eyes with artificial tears.
- After about two days you can begin your normal exercise routine, but you should wear recommended and special eye protection when playing outdoor sports or sports with a ball.